Who are we?
TrueSense Marketing is a full-service direct marketing agency with more than 200 fundraising pros (and growing!) that are committed to building strong donor relationships, enhancing the donor experience, and creating the conditions for greater generosity. Our clients see greater income, with strong donor retention and lower fundraising costs.
We believe donors are heroes. Their passion and generosity are building a better world. That’s why we live donor-focused, client-inspired fundraising every day.
While analysis and numbers inform what we do, here at TrueSense we believe true success comes from the way we work with others. We operate with integrity, innovation, common sense, and value. We’re about people … about creating relationships, and communicating honestly and powerfully, one-to-one. Because that’s what’s real - and that’s what works.
What do we need?
In light of recent growth, TSM is looking for a Creative Director to become an important member of our Creative team.
What will you do?
The Creative Director leads direct-response fundraising creative strategy for assigned clients, across channels as well as manages, trains, and develops direct reports.
More specifically, the candidate chosen for this role...
- Serves as the creative lead for assigned clients to deliver work of the highest creative and execution standards.
- Leads assigned creative team members in concept development and strategy, as well as the tactical execution and presentation.
- Reviews the work of the assigned creative team members and provides feedback and input along the way.
- Monitors overall quality of creative output and provides direction and leadership as needed.
- Translates historical performance results and donor/client insights into actionable strategies and exceptional creative concepts and tactics.
- Contributes to the development of creative briefs, working collaboratively with the account and strategy team leaders.
- Works closely with the account and strategy teams to establish and clarify strategic and client goals, as well as communications and results objectives.
- Works closely with the creative team, and by extension the production/pricing and account teams where necessary, to ensure details of projects are managed and creative ideas fall reasonably within client budgets/proformas.
- Participates in the development of new business proposals, spec creative, presentations and other sales and marketing materials, as needed.
- Presents creative concepts and strategic rationale to clients as needed.
- Works with Digital Strategist and Media team to provide strategic direction on how to best apply email, alternative print, digital, and social media tools, technology, and other new media to our clients’ fundraising campaigns.
- Helps develop and grow creative team members by training and mentoring while working with them on client projects.
- Works with Chief Creative Officer and VP, Creative to provide regular input on performance of staff, as well as input on annual reviews, as requested.
- Develops and maintains strong collaborative relationships with team members across all internal agency disciplines.
- Possesses a deep understanding of direct response fundraising principles across channels, keeps up with industry trends, and leads on testing/establishing new breakthrough thinking.
- Directly supervises assigned team members, including coaching and mentoring for performance and career development, including conducting performance reviews.
- Reviews the work of team members as needed/requested, and provides feedback/input.
- Trains new team members and other agency members on direct-response fundraising principles, as needed.
Position Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Computer Proficiency (including all Microsoft products: Outlook; Excel; Word; PowerPoint)
- Customer Service
- Industry Knowledge
- Job Specific Programs as Applicable: Adobe Creative Suite products, as well as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and to a lesser degree, Excel.
- Personal Development
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Team Mentality
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Design, Graphic Arts, or related disciplines
- 10+ years of direct-response fundraising experience, with a proven track record and successive creative roles in either copy or design
TrueSense is a growing, moving, evolving agency, and we're always interested in talent. So we want to hear from you! We make work/life balance a priority; provide commensurate compensation and a vibrant, practical, family-conscious work environment.